Samsung Electronics Nordic AB (“Samsung”, “we”, “us”, “our”) know how important privacy is to our customers, and we strive to be clear about how we collect, use, disclose, transfer, and store your personal information.
1. Information we collect
We collect the following information, which you provide directly to us when signing up for the Services:
- your full name;
- email address;
- who you are interested in finding a match with (gender);
- who you are interested in finding a match with (age-span);
- your city;
- any personal data in the information you provide about yourself in your contact card;
- who you have been matched with.
2. Using your information
We will use the information listed above for the following purposes: 1) to set up and administrate your account, password and profile; and 2) to enable the use of your account and give you access to the Service.
Samsung’s legal basis to process the personal data is that it is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and Samsung (the Terms and Conditions for the Service), entered into at the time you create your account.
Information about who you are interested in to match with is processed based on your explicit consent, given to us when you set up your account. You may revoke this consent at any time, by either contacting us or by deleting your account.
3. Sharing your information
We may disclose your information internally within our business to the relevant teams such as, without limitation, the customer services team, the legal team, and the finance team. We may also disclose your information to the following entities, only to the extent that this will be necessary to perform the Service:
- Service Providers. We may disclose your information to carefully selected companies that provide services for or on behalf of us, such as companies that help us with repairs, customer contact centres, customer care activities, advertising, conducting customer satisfaction surveys, billing, or that send emails on our behalf. These entities are limited by contractual provisions in their ability to use your information for purposes other than providing services for us. For the Service, Wenderfalck Kommunikation AB, a Swedish limited liability company with an office at Götgatan 78, 118 30 Stockholm, Sweden, will provide services to us that entails the processing of personal data, and it is authorised to engage subprocessors.
Other Parties When Required by Law or as Necessary to Protect Our Services. There may be instances when we disclose your information to other parties:
- to comply with the law or respond to compulsory legal process (such as a search warrant or other court order);
- to verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing our services; and
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of Samsung, or any of our respective affiliates, business partners, or customers.
4. International transfer of data
There will be no transfers of personal data submitted in connection with the Service to countries outside of the European union or the European economic area.
5. Your rights
You have the right to request details about the information we collect about you and to request us to correct inaccuracies in that information, to object to or request the restriction of processing, and to request access to, or the erasure or portability of your information. Under the laws of some jurisdictions, we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardise the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law. If you would like to make a request to access your information, please visit our Privacy Support page for Sweden, Denmark, Norway and Finland.
6. Data retention
The personal data submitted by you will be deleted when you chose to delete your account. You can delete your account in the “settings page” of the Service.
The last 1500 IP-addresses in the server logs are stored, but they are deleted after one week in any case.
E-mails regarding the Service (signing up for an account, resetting the password, or changing the email address) are stored for 30 days. The text content of the emails is stored for 72 hours only.
We will not keep your personal data for longer than is necessary for the purpose it was collected. This means that data will be destroyed or erased from our systems when it is no longer required.
We take appropriate steps to ensure that we process and retain information about you based on the following logic:
- at least the duration for which the information is used to provide you with the Service;
- as required under law, a contract, or with regard to our statutory obligations; or
- only for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, is processed, or longer if required under any contract, by applicable law, or for statistical purposes, subject to appropriate safeguards.
7. Contact us
If you have any specific questions, please contact our European Data Protection Officer at:
European Data Protection Officer
Samsung Electronics (UK) Limited
Samsung House, 1000 Hillswood Drive, Chertsey, Surrey KT16 0PS
If you would like to contact us to exercise your rights, please visit our Privacy Support page for Sweden, Denmark, Norway and Finland.
You may lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority if you consider that our processing of your personal data infringes applicable law. Contact details for all EU Supervisory Authorities can be found here.
8. Privacy support page
We at Samsung care about our customer’s privacy. Because we care, we take steps ensure that all of our products and services are created using the principle of privacy by design. All the data we collect is used to make our products and services the best that they can be. In doing this we always ensure your data is protected, and only used where it is necessary for us to provide you with a service or a product. We understand the path your data follows to ensure it is safe, secure and compliant with the necessary data protection law.
We welcome the changes that have come as part of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). As a part of our GDPR preparation, we have created the Privacy Support page. This page is a platform designed to make it as easy as possible for our customers to exercise any of the six rights under the GDPR. Please visit the Privacy Support page using these links for Sweden, Denmark, Norway and Finland; all submissions on this page will be assessed by our designated Data Protection Office.